What are the prerequisites for studying online courses?
Training Station recommends that students:
- Are aged 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Evaluation
Specifically for online courses, students are required to have sufficient digital literacy skills to*:
- Work with computers
- Access information online
- Communicate online
- Participate safely and responsibly online
- Create digital content
- Collaborate and manage content digitally
- Produce digital media
Additionally, they are required to demonstrate having sufficient*:
- Self-directiveness and self-motivation to undertake their studies consistently
- Online and distance education readiness to successfully engage in learning content
*Additional training is available for students who cannot demonstrate sufficient skills to successfully undertake their study before they commence the course.
How long until my work gets assessed?
Training Station is committed to provide assessment marking results as soon as possible, within a maximum of six (6) weeks of the student submitting their assessment. In the event marking timeframes are extending beyond six (6) weeks (e.g. due to times of peak demand, holiday periods, unforeseeable circumstances having arisen), any students affected will be advised by email with an estimated time frame.
What is your student guarantee?
Training Station guarantees that if, for whatever reason, it is unable to complete the agreed training for a student, Training Station will make the necessary arrangements for the training to be delivered by another Registered Training Organisation.
How do I login to the Student Portal?
To get to the student login portal, just follow these two easy steps!
- Go to the Training Station homepage.
- In the top right-hand corner of the home page click the button labelled “Student Login” – enter your login details (username and password).
How do I apply for Recognition of Prior Learning?
If you would like to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning, simply tick the RPL box on your Enrolment Form. After enrolment, an RPL Assessor will contact you to discuss your evidence collection. Please also read the information on Recognition of Prior Learning in the Student Handbook.
Where can I find the Policies, Enrolment Procedure, and the Student Handbook documents?
You can access the relevant policies and documents at the following link:
Why Choose Training Station?
Connection to industry:
Training Station students can access over 14,000 small businesses across Australia for internship, mentoring and learning opportunities.
We are an approved Registered Training Organisation Code 45731 and have 8 approved qualifications to start or boost your entry into a new career or improve your existing one.
Nationally-based support team:
Our Australian-based Student Support Team is available across the country, meaning there will always be someone to assist you, regardless of your timezone.